Advanced Precision Smallbore and Junior Air rifle target shooting
Want the challenge of using a .22 rifle to hit a very small bulls-eye in different positions in the wind at 50 or 100 feet?
Interested in using an air rifle while standing to hit a point bulls-eye at 50 feet?
Interested in a congenial club atmosphere but with the opportunity to travel to other clubs’ events and even state and national championships?
Want to test your skills in disciplines that reach as far as the Olympics?
The Reading Rifle & Revolver Rifle Club offers a wide range of shooting opportunities that are not hunting or army-style and put a premium on precision. These opportunities include using:
- .22 target rifles with ‘peep’ sights in prone (lying) position over 50 feet and 100 feet and in prone, standing and kneeling positions (3 positional shooting) over 50 feet; and
- air rifles with ‘peep’ sights in a standing position over 25 feet.
Club members get to apply these various shooting disciplines at either regular club shoots, competitions at other clubs (and our club’s annual meet), state, and national events.
Facilities of club
The club’s facilities include:
- An open air floodlit range with 10 fair-weather bays for smallbore rifle shooting over 50 feet, 5-ring cardboard targets are currently used on this range.
- A 50 foot indoor air rifle range with 6 bays and lighting for day and night use.
- A comfortable, friendly central club room with air conditioning, refrigerator and target marking section.
Shooting times are generally Tuesday evenings from 7:00pm for the weekly club competition and Thursday mornings from 9am for informal practice.
Other times for practice may be arranged on an ad hoc basis.
Support for newcomers
The club provides support for beginners or others who wish see if smallbore/air rifle shooting is for them in terms of: initial safety instruction; club equipment and rifles (for both right and left-handers); supervision/coaching when starting off; development courses (incluing gun licensing courses) and general advice and assistance.
Ongoing support, advice and training courses are provided to assist members further develop their shooting skills.
If you wish to ask questions or inquire about membership contact our Membership Chairperson.