Reading Rifle & Revolver Club
HOURS OF OPERATION
- Indoor Range is available to members at any time except when scheduled events are planned.
Monday evenings – Junior Program – October – June 7-9 P.M. school nights only.
There is an active junior program. Anyone with youngsters who are interested in participating should contact Jon Mouradian or Henry Bardol.
Tuesday evenings – Greater Boston Pistol League – October – April 7-10 P.M. generally.
The club currently has a competitive team in the league. New Shooters are always welcome.
A Basic Pistol Course will be held whenever there is sufficient interest.
Wednesday evenings – Open except when safety or educational classes are scheduled.
Thursday evenings – Open except when safety or educational classes are scheduled.
Friday evenings – Smallbore Rifle Leagues – September – April 6-9:30 P.M. generally.
The club has 2-3 teams in the 3-position and 2-position leagues. New Shooters welcome.
- Shotgun ranges – Shooting may start at 9:00 A.M.on Sundays and on 8:00 A.M. weekdays. Shooting after dark, under the lights, only during organized activity on Wednesday evenings.
Skeet Range – Organized activity is only Sunday mornings and Wednesdays at 12:00 Noon.
Wednesdays are the best times to learn to shoot skeet and receive one-on-one instruction.
Trap Range – Organized activity on Sunday mornings and Wednesday evenings.
- High Power Line – Shooting may start at 9:00 A.M. on Sundays except for large matches when earlier start time is arranged with the town. Weekday shooting may start at 8:00 A.M. No shooting after dark. Yard Gates must be closed downrange of the line in use. Check pits or highest distance before raising a Gate and entering. Caution! During general member use (unorganized activities), please follow the 30-minute guide-line when others are waiting and swap off at 30-minute intervals* to allow everyone an opportunity to shoot. *(At 600 yards – 1 hour intervals apply.)Current High Power rules apply.
- Bench Rest/100 Yard Line – Shooting after 8:00 A.M. on weekdays and 9:00 A.M. Sundays. No shooting after dark. Member activity may be restricted during Junior, Smallbore, Pistol, or Benchrest matches.
NO RAPID FIRE – SINGLE LOADING ONLY.
- Always be alert for people, animals and automobiles which may appear in what you expect to be a safe firing area. There will be no firing when anyone is downrange. Lines must be cleared before anyone is allowed down range and all others must step behind the white line and not handle any firearms.
SAFETY FIRST! We do not want any incidents on our range. Please do your part.
- When entering or leaving the range (except during organized activities), you will need to use your electronic key to gain access and to leave. When using the indoor range, please use only the lights you need and when leaving , make sure all lights are off.
- The club is located in wetlands and spraying and cutting of trees is regulated. Do not do so without checking with a club officer.